Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day!

Well, today was another snow day. For the kids anyway. My lovely employers have a policy that on a snow day, the teachers still have to go into work in order to get paid, even when the roads are so bad that children cannot come. So, you have the choice of staying home with no pay or driving to work in dangerous conditions. Since my upcoming Christmas break is largely unpaid, (I don't have enough vacation time to cover the days off) I don't want to miss any days that I could be getting paid, so I went in. I made it to work safely, but two employees fell in the icy parking lot, and one had a minor car accident trying to get to work. Shouldn't that say something to the administration???

Anyway, it was a relaxing day for the most part. We cleaned the room for the kids' Christmas program tomorrow, and tried to finish up last minute paperwork that needed to be submitted before the break. We even stuffed gift bags for the kids (they all get fruit, a book, and some other little things for Christmas). After the work was done, we also got to have our own Christmas Party. Gifts were exchanged with our "Secret Sisters", which was a lot of fun. I got a Willow Tree angel (which I love!), a nice cinnamon candle, a Warm Vanilla Sugar gift set from Bath and Body, some Christmas votives, some lotion, and an adorable ornament. Then we all ate at Cracker Barrel. It was so nice to be together and enjoy each other's company, instead of getting into a huge argument like we did yesterday. It's tough working with ten other women!

Anyway, I can't wait until tomorrow, when the parents come to see the kids sing. I am so proud of all of them!!! I wish I could post pictures on here of them singing, but I think that's illegal.

No comments: