Monday, December 08, 2008

Jingle those bells!

My brain is tired today. This was a crazy day at work, and not because of the kids. It was because of the staff. This is the part of my job that I hate. I didn't want to have to manage other adults...managing 34 preschoolers is enough for me! Why do these adult women have to be so childish??? Why must I become a mediator for ladies who are closer in age to my mom than myself? They take the smallest things (say, leaving the names of two very unhelpful aides off of the classroom newsletter) and blowing them way out of proportion (like, "I don't feel like I belong in this classroom"). It makes me want to scream, honestly. I shouldn't even say more, because I could go on and on about it. AGH!!!

I am so excited about our holiday program though. The kids are working hard to learn the two fingerplays and songs we'll be performing next week for their parents. It's going to be really cute. Hopefully we can get most of the kids to actually sing...I still have several that just stare while we practice. I never knew that Jingle Bells was such a hard song for children...I'm pretty sure I knew most of the words when I was in preschool. I guess it just depends on what your parents teach you though. Nevertheless, my kiddos will know (most of) it by Christmas!! And then it will be two weeks of vacation!! Woohoo!!

Jason just got home from Indianapolis, so I should probably go spend some time with him. Today he's been home from Iraq for exactly one year...and what a great year it's been!

No comments: