Saturday, May 23, 2009

Keeping busy...for now.

Ok, so now school is out for the summer. I'll try to do a little better about posting more often. I really have no excuse not to write now, since I have very few things on my calendar for the next few months!

I've been keeping busy this week doing things that I didn't have time to do before:
-Cleaning out the cars really well
-Going to the dentist
-Applying for jobs (well, I did that before, but now I can do it anytime!)
-Took the recycling to the recycling center
-Cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets, etc
-Cleaning up goo that exploded from my shower drain and toilet (yeah, how's that for excitement!)
And lots of other equally exciting things!

Let me just say that I am very upset about the recycling situation here in Mount Vernon. First, there is no curbside pick up, which I think is ridiculous. I would pay for that if it was even available. But it's not, so I have been saving all the recycling to take to the center. This has become a problem though, because the center is closed, and has been closed since January. Now their phones are even disconnected, so I'm beginning to doubt their reopening. I drove half an hour to Centralia to take the stuff to recycle. There are some places here in town that take a few things, like cardboard and plastic, but what about everything else? A lot of people here know nothing about recycling...it's weird. I just don't understand why there isn't more available. I feel guilty just throwing the stuff away.

I would like to do something about it, but I don't even know what to do. Obviously there wasn't enough support to keep the not-for-profit center open. Maybe I could write a letter to the editor or something. It would help if I actually knew some people in town!

Anyway, that's my rant for this week. I should probably try to do something more productive with my day now.

No comments: