Friday, May 08, 2009

End of the Year Madness

This school year is winding down quickly. Next week is our last week of school already. I've learned a lot this first year. I have tons of plans for next year; ideas for improvement. If I end up staying in the same position I'll be able to start the year with a plan and some experience behind me. I'll even know about half of my students already, since my little ones will still be in my class. Right now I'm going down my checklist, trying to finish everything that has to get done before summer. It's a long list, but I'm making steady progress and I think I'll get it all done just in time!

On Thursday my kiddos will have a little graduation ceremony. Everyone gets a certificate of completion, and we are making some special awards for each child too. They're going to sing some of the songs we've been working on in class, which is always cute. One song we're going to sing is called "Rock and Roll Body Parts," which involves a lot of dancing, and playing an air guitar of course! It should be a nice little program. It scares me a little to send off some of the kids...a few of them aren't ready for kindergarten. I know I did my best, but I still worry about them.

After the program, all I have to do is turn in my files and final paperwork on Friday. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself all summer, but I think I'll manage to occupy my time somehow!

No comments: