Monday, September 06, 2010

In the Big Apple (Not to be Confused with the Little Apple!)

Linda, Keith and Jodie's room....this was the big one!!
After all our wedding fun, we headed to the big city for a few days. The train ride from Albany to NYC was nice. We got to sit back and relax for a while, not to mention take in some scenery! When we stepped off the train, however, it was a TOTALLY different story! We were all dragging our luggage through a very busy train station and then out onto an even busier street in the middle of New York City...not an easy task! Our hotel was only a few blocks away, so we were hoofing it. Crossing the street was a rather terrifying experience for my Midwest sensibilities, and left me wishing for the safety of my car, but we managed to make it to the hotel in one piece. After a quick stop at the front desk, we hauled our stuff onto the elevator and up to our room. Our very tiny room. Actually, I was confused about where to go when we stepped out of the elevator...I was facing about five doors only a few feet from where I was standing. I was sure one of them opened up to the hallway and I was busy trying to figure out which one it was when Jason pushed me over to our door. Turns out there are only four rooms per floor!


Times Square
Our time in NYC flew by....three days was not nearly enough, but we did manage to see the main sights. We ate dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe that first night, and walked through Times Square. The next day, we took a tour of the city, which included a cruise to see the Statue of Liberty. Jason and I ate breakfast in Central Park and spent several hours exploring the Metropolitan Museum of Art, while Linda, Keith, and Jodie visited a wax museum. And on our last evening in the City, we saw Wicked on Broadway, which was completely amazing. I will tell you what was not amazing...the blisters that were ALL over my feet from walking, and the horrible traffic, and the disgusting smells of garbage and sewage in the streets. All in all, our trip to New York was a memorable one, but I am not sure that it is an experience that will ever be repeated!
Posing with the naked man statue (part of an art exhibit)
In the M&M store!

Ground Zero




Jason and Me

All of us on the cruise to the Statue of Liberty (photo taken by "professionals" on the staff! LOL!)

No comments: